Interesting Pinterest stats and how they apply to your health coach business
1. 57% of Pinterest users interact with food-related content and its said to be the number one category of content. (source Compete) – As health coaches, we have a major influence over the way people view and eat food. Why not Pin some of your favorite healthy recipes, use some of the ones from this site if you don’t have any of your own. Stage yourself as an expert in proper eating and health.
2. 97% of the fans of Pinterest’s Facebook page are women and received 575 Likes per second. (source AllTwitter) – As you know, a health coach’s biggest market tends to be women.
3. Over 80% of pins are repins (source AllTwitter) – The beauty of repins, is it will contain your link back to your site. You’ll gain exposure. Make your graphics compelling!
4. Pinterest referrals spend 70% more money than visitors referred from non-social channels. (source: Search Engine Journal) – Even though we love health coaching and would give it away for free, it is our business. Clients who are willing to spend money are good to have in your funnel. 😀
5. 9% of people have participated in contests or promotions via Pinterest, as opposed to the 30 percent that have on Facebook. (source: All Facebook) – Think about what you could offer for free if you initiated a contest on Pinterest.
6. American users of Pinterest spend an average of 1 hour and 17 minutes on the site. (source: Search Engine Journal) – When I was looking at advertising in Magazines. One of the selling points they mentioned was the fact that people kept their product around longer which increased the chances of them seeing your ad.
Cool graphic found on Huffington Post (cropped)
This was a quick run down on why you should be using Pinterest if you’re not already. Coming soon! I will be doing a Step by step webinar on setting up Pinterest for your business and Pinterest best practices. You can register here.
Has anyone been using Pinterest? Please share your experience.
BlogPosted in 0 comments